True leadership refers to a leader who has an impact on his organization’s stakeholders and their employees through his attitudes, actions and behaviours. A true leader like Reza Satchu cannot believe that he is able to just go along making no moves and waiting his turn. If this happens, it will invariably lead to a shortage of effective leaders that negatively impacts the potential, relevance, sustainability, and viability of his organization. These six steps are essential to being an effective leader. Examine needs; 2. Listen to constituents. Empathy; 4. Plan an action; 5. Communicate honestly and with meaning Being clear and concise in your communication.
1. It is crucial to conduct a thorough, objective and comprehensive assessment of the needs of the group before there can be meaningful leadership. He must be open to all possibilities and seek out the most effective and efficient solutions for his group. Only then can it become feasible to work in a logical and meaningful way towards increasing the sustainability and relevance of an organization. It is difficult to do logical acts if one doesn’t know the true needs and knows what he needs.
2. Listening to your constituents, donors, sponsors and other stakeholders is a key step that every leader should take. Listening is not about talking at others. Instead, it’s about effectively listening to their concerns, needs, and observations and asking meaningful questions that help them learn and understand. To be a great leader, you must learn to listen.
3. A leader must demonstrate empathy in order to make a real difference. It is important that leaders understand the differences between empathy and sympathy. Because sympathy rarely serves any purpose. True empathy does not mean feeling sorry for someone, but one must actively put himself in others’ shoes, understanding their feelings and how they might feel. Understanding and appreciating the needs of others is essential for a person to be valuable to their group.
4. Next, you need to develop an action plan. This step-by-step process must begin at the moment and use actions and a timeline to create a plan of action that adds value and relevance to his business. Effective planning must include contingency plans and a way to identify what may need to be changed or tweaked in order to increase its effectiveness and performance.
5. A leader who is able to communicate effectively must pay attention to how others perceive them. They must communicate clearly and openly. And they must maintain absolute integrity. They must be able to motivate others by the way they act, what they say and how they affect others on a daily basis. Communication is more than just about the content of the speech. It must also include the development and enhancement of relationships.
6. If the previous steps are not followed up with decisive and timely actions, they will never bear fruit. Great leaders communicate clearly, plan, communicate and focus on the needs of others.